A study of the physical properties of single crystalline Fe5B2P
Single crystals of Fe5B2PP were grown by self-flux growth technique. Structural and magnetic properties are studied. The Curie temperature of Fe5B2P is determined to be 655 ± 2 K. The saturation magnetization is determined to be 1.72 μB/Fe at 2 K. The temperature variation of the anisotropy constant K1 is determined for the first time, reaching 0:50 MJ/m3 at 2 K, and it is comparable to that of hard ferrites. The saturation magnetization is found to be larger than the hard ferrites. The first principle calculations of saturation magnetization and anisotropy constant are found to be consistent with the experimental results.
- Iowa State Univ., Ames, IA (United States). Dept. of Physics and Astronomy; Ames Lab. and Iowa State Univ., Ames, IA (United States)
- Ames Lab. and Iowa State Univ., Ames, IA (United States)
- Oak Ridge National Lab. (ORNL), Oak Ridge, TN (United States). Materials Science and Technology Div.
- Publication Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Report Number(s):
Journal ID: ISSN 0304-8853; PII: S0304885315307241
- Grant/Contract Number:
- Accepted Manuscript
- Journal Name:
- Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials
- Additional Journal Information:
- Journal Volume: 401; Journal Issue: C; Journal ID: ISSN 0304-8853
- Research Org:
- Ames Laboratory (AMES), Ames, IA (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 36 MATERIALS SCIENCE
Enter terms in the toolbar above to search the full text of this document for pages containing specific keywords.