Anisotropic scattering rate in Fe-substituted Bi2Sr2Ca(Cu1-xFex)2O8+δ
We measured the electronic structure of Fe substituted Bi2212 using Angle Resolved Photoemission Spectroscopy (ARPES). We find that the substitution does not change the momentum dependence of the superconducting gap but induces a very anisotropic enhancement of the scattering rate. A comparison of the effect of Fe substitution to that of Zn substitution suggests that the Fe reduces Tc so effectively because it supresses very strongly the coherence weight around the anti-nodes.
- Technion-Israel Inst. of Tech., Haifa (Israel)
- Brookhaven National Lab. (BNL), Upton, NY (United States). Condensed Matter Physics and Materials Science Dept.
- Publication Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Report Number(s):
Journal ID: ISSN 1098-0121; R&D Project: PO010; KC0201060
- Grant/Contract Number:
- Accepted Manuscript
- Journal Name:
- Physical Review. B, Condensed Matter and Materials Physics
- Additional Journal Information:
- Journal Volume: 91; Journal Issue: 20; Journal ID: ISSN 1098-0121
- American Physical Society (APS)
- Research Org:
- Brookhaven National Laboratory (BNL), Upton, NY (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- USDOE Office of Science (SC), Basic Energy Sciences (BES) (SC-22)
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 75 CONDENSED MATTER PHYSICS, SUPERCONDUCTIVITY AND SUPERFLUIDITY
Enter terms in the toolbar above to search the full text of this document for pages containing specific keywords.