LHC forward physics
The goal of this report is to give a comprehensive overview of the rich field of forward physics, with a special attention to the topics that can be studied at the LHC. The report starts presenting a selection of the Monte Carlo simulation tools currently available, chapter 2, then enters the rich phenomenology of QCD at low, chapter 3, and high, chapter 4, momentum transfer, while the unique scattering conditions of central exclusive production are analyzed in chapter 5. The last two experimental topics, Cosmic Ray and Heavy Ion physics are presented in the chapter 6 and 7 respectively. Chapter 8 is dedicated to the BFKL dynamics, multiparton interactions, and saturation. The report ends with an overview of the forward detectors at LHC. Each chapter is correlated with a comprehensive bibliography, attempting to provide to the interested reader with a wide opportunity for further studies.
- SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory (SLAC), Menlo Park, CA (United States)
- SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory (SLAC), Menlo Park, CA (United States). et al.
- Publication Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Report Number(s):
- DOE Contract Number:
- Resource Type:
- Technical Report
- Research Org:
- SLAC National Accelerator Lab., Menlo Park, CA (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- USDOE Office of Science (SC), High Energy Physics (HEP) (SC-25)
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 72 PHYSICS OF ELEMENTARY PARTICLES AND FIELDS; RESEARCH PROGRAMS; CERN LHC; COSMIC RADIATION; HEAVY IONS; QUANTUM CHROMODYNAMICS; MONTE CARLO METHOD; COMPUTERIZED SIMULATION; BIBLIOGRAPHIES; MOMENTUM TRANSFER; RADIATION DETECTORS; SCATTERING; EXCLUSIVE INTERACTIONS; PARTICLE PRODUCTION; JETS; REACTION KINETICS; PARTONS; INTERACTIONS; HEPEX
Enter terms in the toolbar above to search the full text of this document for pages containing specific keywords.