The role of seniority-zero states in nuclear level densities
At low excitation energies seniority-zero states dominate the level density of K=0 bands in deformed even–even nuclei, while they play no role at higher excitation energies. We describe the level densities in a Fermi-gas model as well as in a combinatorial level-density model and compare to detailed experimental data for some rare-earth nuclei.
- Lund Univ. (Sweden)
- Univ. of Copenhagen (Denmark). The Niels Bohr Inst.
- Los Alamos National Lab. (LANL), Los Alamos, NM (United States)
- Publication Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Report Number(s):
Journal ID: ISSN 0375-9474; PII: S0375947415001281
- Grant/Contract Number:
- Accepted Manuscript
- Journal Name:
- Nuclear Physics. A
- Additional Journal Information:
- Journal Volume: 941; Journal Issue: C; Journal ID: ISSN 0375-9474
- Research Org:
- Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL), Los Alamos, NM (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 73 NUCLEAR PHYSICS AND RADIATION PHYSICS level-density; seniority-zero states; spin-distribution; zero-plus states
Enter terms in the toolbar above to search the full text of this document for pages containing specific keywords.