This content will become publicly available on February 10, 2015
Measurement of the W+b-jet and W+c-jet differential production cross sections in pp¯ collisions at √s = 1.96 TeV
In this study, we present a measurement of the cross sections for the associated production of a W boson with at least one heavy quark jet, b or c, in proton–antiproton collisions. Data corresponding to an integrated luminosity of 8.7 fb–1 recorded with the D0 detector at the Fermilab Tevatron pp¯ Collider at √s = 1.96 TeV are used to measure the cross sections differentially as a function of the jet transverse momenta in the range 20 to 150 GeV. These results are compared to calculations of perturbative QCD theory as well as predictions from Monte Carlo generators.
- Centro Brasileiro de Pesquisas Fisicas, Rio de Janeiro (Brazil); Charles Univ., Prague (Czech Republic). et al.
- Publication Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Report Number(s):
Journal ID: ISSN 0370-2693; arXiv eprint number arXiv:1412.5315; TRN: US1601025
- Grant/Contract Number:
- Published Article
- Journal Name:
- Physics Letters. Section B
- Additional Journal Information:
- Journal Volume: 743; Journal Issue: C; Journal ID: ISSN 0370-2693
- Research Org:
- Fermi National Accelerator Lab. (FNAL), Batavia, IL (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- USDOE Office of Science (SC), High Energy Physics (HEP) (SC-25)
- Contributing Orgs:
- D0 Collaboration
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 72 PHYSICS OF ELEMENTARY PARTICLES AND FIELDS
Enter terms in the toolbar above to search the full text of this document for pages containing specific keywords.