New methods for indexing multi-lattice diffraction data
A new indexing method is presented which is capable of indexing multiple crystal lattices from narrow wedges of diffraction data. The method takes advantage of a simplification of Fourier transform-based methods that is applicable when the unit-cell dimensions are known a priori. The efficacy of this method is demonstrated with both semi-synthetic multi-lattice data and real multi-lattice data recorded from crystals of ~1 µm in size, where it is shown that up to six lattices can be successfully indexed and subsequently integrated from a 1° wedge of data. Analysis is presented which shows that improvements in data-quality indicators can be obtained through accurate identification and rejection of overlapping reflections prior to scaling.
- Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC), Harwell Campus, Oxford (United Kingdom). Diamond Light Source, Ltd.
- Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC), Oxford (United Kingdom). Rutherford Appleton Lab. (RAL)
- Univ. of Oxford, Oxford (United Kingdom). The Wellcome Trust Centre for Human Genetics.
- Diamon Light Source Ltd, Didcot (England); Univ. of Oxford, Oxford (England). The Wellcome Trust Centre for Human Genetics.
- Lawrence Berkeley National Lab. (LBNL), Berkeley, CA (United States). Physical Biosciences Div.
- Publication Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Grant/Contract Number:
- Accepted Manuscript
- Journal Name:
- Acta Crystallographica. Section D: Biological Crystallography (Online)
- Additional Journal Information:
- Journal Name: Acta Crystallographica. Section D: Biological Crystallography (Online); Journal Volume: 70; Journal Issue: 10; Journal ID: ISSN 1399-0047
- International Union of Crystallography
- Research Org:
- Lawrence Berkeley National Lab. (LBNL), Berkeley, CA (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 36 MATERIALS SCIENCE; indexing; multi-lattice data
Enter terms in the toolbar above to search the full text of this document for pages containing specific keywords.