Tightly integrated single- and multi-crystal data collection strategy calculation and parallelized data processing in JBluIce beamline control system
The calculation of single- and multi-crystal data collection strategies and a data processing pipeline have been tightly integrated into the macromolecular crystallographic data acquisition and beamline control software JBluIce. Both tasks employ wrapper scripts around existing crystallographic software. JBluIce executes scripts through a distributed resource management system to make efficient use of all available computing resources through parallel processing. The JBluIce single-crystal data collection strategy feature uses a choice of strategy programs to help users rank sample crystals and collect data. The strategy results can be conveniently exported to a data collection run. The JBluIce multi-crystal strategy feature calculates a collection strategy to optimize coverage of reciprocal space in cases where incomplete data are available from previous samples. The JBluIce data processing runs simultaneously with data collection using a choice of data reduction wrappers for integration and scaling of newly collected data, with an option for merging with pre-existing data. Data are processed separately if collected from multiple sites on a crystal or from multiple crystals, then scaled and merged. Results from all strategy and processing calculations are displayed in relevant tabs of JBluIce.
- Argonne National Lab. (ANL), Lemont, IL (United States)
- Diamond Light Source, Oxfordshire (United Kingdom)
- Lawrence Berkeley National Lab. (LBNL), Berkeley, CA (United States)
- Univ. of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI (United States). Life Sciences Inst. and Dept. of Biological Chemistry.
- Publication Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Grant/Contract Number:
- Accepted Manuscript
- Journal Name:
- Journal of Applied Crystallography (Online)
- Additional Journal Information:
- Journal Name: Journal of Applied Crystallography (Online); Journal Volume: 47; Journal Issue: 6; Journal ID: ISSN 1600-5767
- International Union of Crystallography
- Research Org:
- Argonne National Lab. (ANL), Argonne, IL (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- USDOE Office of Science (SC)
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 75 CONDENSED MATTER PHYSICS, SUPERCONDUCTIVITY AND SUPERFLUIDITY; 97 MATHEMATICS AND COMPUTING; automated data processing; multi-crystal data collection strategies; X-ray crystallography; Grid Engine
Enter terms in the toolbar above to search the full text of this document for pages containing specific keywords.