Is the Higgs boson composed of neutrinos?
We show that conventional Higgs compositeness conditions can be achieved by the running of large Higgs-Yukawa couplings involving right-handed neutrinos that become active at ~1013–1014 GeV. Together with a somewhat enhanced quartic coupling arising by a Higgs portal interaction to a dark matter sector, we can obtain a Higgs boson composed of neutrinos. Furthermore, this is a “next-to-minimal” dynamical electroweak symmetry breaking scheme.
- Univ. of Southern Denmark, Odense (Denmark)
- Fermi National Accelerator Lab. (FNAL), Batavia, IL (United States)
- Publication Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Report Number(s):
Journal ID: ISSN 1550-7998; PRVDAQ; arXiv eprint number arXiv:1506.02843; TRN: US1600853
- Grant/Contract Number:
- Accepted Manuscript
- Journal Name:
- Physical Review. D, Particles, Fields, Gravitation and Cosmology
- Additional Journal Information:
- Journal Volume: 92; Journal Issue: 9; Journal ID: ISSN 1550-7998
- American Physical Society (APS)
- Research Org:
- Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory (FNAL), Batavia, IL (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- USDOE Office of Science (SC), High Energy Physics (HEP) (SC-25)
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 72 PHYSICS OF ELEMENTARY PARTICLES AND FIELDS
Enter terms in the toolbar above to search the full text of this document for pages containing specific keywords.