Energy Deposition and Radiological Studies for the LBNF Hadron Absorber
Results of detailed Monte Carlo energy deposition and radiological studies performed for the LBNF hadron absorber with the MARS15 code are described. The model of the entire facility, that includes a pion-production target, focusing horns, target chase, decay channel, hadron absorber system – all with corresponding radiation shielding – was developed using the recently implemented ROOT-based geometry option in the MARS15 code. Both normal operation and accidental conditions were studied. Results of detailed thermal calculations with the ANSYS code helped to select the most viable design options.
- Fermi National Accelerator Lab. (FNAL), Batavia, IL (United States)
- Euclid Techlabs LLC., Cleveland, OH (United States)
- Publication Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Report Number(s):
arXiv eprint number arXiv:1506.07787
- DOE Contract Number:
- Resource Type:
- Resource Relation:
- Conference: 6th International Particle Accelerator Conference 2015. Richmond, Virginia, USA, 3-8 May 2015.
- Research Org:
- Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory (FNAL), Batavia, IL
- Sponsoring Org:
- USDOE Office of Science (SC), High Energy Physics (HEP) (SC-25)
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 43 PARTICLE ACCELERATORS
Enter terms in the toolbar above to search the full text of this document for pages containing specific keywords.