This content will become publicly available on October 6, 2014
Search for new resonances in Wγ and Zγ final states in pp collisions at √ s = 8 TeV with the ATLAS detector
This Letter presents a search for new resonances decaying to final states with a vector boson produced in association with a high transverse momentum photon, Vγ , with V=W(→ℓν) or Z(→ℓ+ℓ-), where ℓ=e or μ. The measurements use 20.3 fb-1 of proton–proton collision data at a center-of-mass energy of √s = 8 TeV recorded with the ATLAS detector. No deviations from the Standard Model expectations are found, and production cross section limits are set at 95% confidence level. Masses of the hypothetical aT and ωT states of a benchmark Low Scale Technicolor model are excluded in the ranges [275,960] GeV and [200,700]υ[750,890] GeV, respectively. Limits at 95% confidence level on the production cross section of a singlet scalar resonance decaying to Zγ final states have also been obtained for masses below 1180 GeV.
- National Centre for Scientific Research (CNRS), Marseilles (France). Centre for Particle Physics of Marseilles (CPPM); et al.
- Publication Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Grant/Contract Number:
- AC02-06CH11357; AC02-05CH11231; SC00112704; AC03-76SF00515
- Published Article
- Journal Name:
- Physics Letters. Section B
- Additional Journal Information:
- Journal Volume: 738; Journal ID: ISSN 0370-2693
- Research Org:
- Argonne National Lab. (ANL), Argonne, IL (United States); Brookhaven National Laboratory (BNL), Upton, NY (United States); Lawrence Berkeley National Lab. (LBNL), Berkeley, CA (United States); SLAC National Accelerator Lab., Menlo Park, CA (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- USDOE Office of Science (SC)
- Contributing Orgs:
- ATLAS Collaboration
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 72 PHYSICS OF ELEMENTARY PARTICLES AND FIELDS
Enter terms in the toolbar above to search the full text of this document for pages containing specific keywords.