A new bipolar Qtrim power supply system
This year marks the 15th run of RHIC (Relativistic Heavy Ion Collider) operations. The reliability of superconducting magnet power supplies is one of the essential factors in the entire accelerator complex. Besides maintaining existing power supplies and their associated equipment, newly designed systems are also required based on the physicist’s latest requirements. A bipolar power supply was required for this year’s main quadruple trim power supply. This paper will explain the design, prototype, testing, installation and operation of this recently installed power supply system.
- Brookhaven National Lab. (BNL), Upton, NY (United States). Collider-Accelerator Dept.
- Publication Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Report Number(s):
R&D Project: KBCH139; 18037; KB0202011; TRN: US1500244
- DOE Contract Number:
- Resource Type:
- Resource Relation:
- Conference: 6th International Particle Accelerator Conference (IPAC’15), Richmond, VA (United States), 3-8 May 2015
- Research Org:
- Brookhaven National Laboratory (BNL), Upton, NY (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- USDOE Office of Science (SC), Nuclear Physics (NP) (SC-26)
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 43 PARTICLE ACCELERATORS; BROOKHAVEN RHIC; POWER SUPPLIES; SUPERCONDUCTING MAGNETS; AVAILABILITY; DESIGN; INSTALLATION; OPERATION; RELIABILITY; TESTING; QUADRUPOLES
Enter terms in the toolbar above to search the full text of this document for pages containing specific keywords.