Large scale GW calculations
We present GW calculations of molecules, ordered and disordered solids and interfaces, which employ an efficient contour deformation technique for frequency integration and do not require the explicit evaluation of virtual electronic states nor the inversion of dielectric matrices. We also present a parallel implementation of the algorithm, which takes advantage of separable expressions of both the single particle Green’s function and the screened Coulomb interaction. The method can be used starting from density functional theory calculations performed with semilocal or hybrid functionals. The newly developed technique was applied to GW calculations of systems of unprecedented size, including water/semiconductor interfaces with thousands of electrons.
- University of Chicago, Chicago, IL (United States). Inst. for Molecular Engineering; Argonne National Lab., Argonne, IL (United States). Materials Science Div.
- Publication Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Grant/Contract Number:
- AC02-06CH11357; FG02-06ER46262; W911NF-12-2-0023
- Published Article
- Journal Name:
- Journal of Chemical Theory and Computation
- Additional Journal Information:
- Journal Volume: 11; Journal Issue: 6; Journal ID: ISSN 1549-9618
- American Chemical Society
- Research Org:
- Argonne National Lab. (ANL), Argonne, IL (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- USDOE Office of Science (SC)
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 75 CONDENSED MATTER PHYSICS, SUPERCONDUCTIVITY AND SUPERFLUIDITY
Enter terms in the toolbar above to search the full text of this document for pages containing specific keywords.