Polarization simulations in the RHIC run 15 lattice
RHIC polarized proton Run 15 uses a new acceleration ramp optics, compared to RHIC Run 13 and earlier runs, in relation with electron-lens beam-beam compensation developments. The new optics induces different strengths in the depolarizing snake resonance sequence, from injection to top energy. As a consequence, polarization transport along the new ramp has been investigated, based on spin tracking simulations. Sample results are reported and discussed.
- Brookhaven National Lab. (BNL), Upton, NY (United States). Collider-Accelerator Dept.
- Publication Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Report Number(s):
R&D Project: KBCH139; 18031; KB0202011; TRN: US1500230
- DOE Contract Number:
- Resource Type:
- Resource Relation:
- Conference: 6th International Particle Accelerator Conference (IPAC’15), Richmond, VA (United States), 3-8 May 2015
- Research Org:
- Brookhaven National Laboratory (BNL), Upton, NY (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- USDOE Office of Science (SC), Nuclear Physics (NP) (SC-26)
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 43 PARTICLE ACCELERATORS; BROOKHAVEN RHIC; PROTON BEAMS; ELECTRONS; SPIN ORIENTATION; POLARIZED BEAMS; BEAM OPTICS; SIMULATION; ACCELERATION; LENSES; DEPOLARIZATION; RESONANCE; BEAM TRANSPORT; RELATIVISTIC HEAVY ION COLLIDER
Enter terms in the toolbar above to search the full text of this document for pages containing specific keywords.