Higher order mode filter design for double quarter wave crab cavity for the LHC high luminosity upgrade
A Double Quarter Wave Crab Cavity (DQWCC) was designed for the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) luminosity upgrade. A compact Higher Order Mode (HOM) filter with wide stop band at the deflecting mode is developed for this cavity. Multiphysics finite element simulation results are presented. The integration of this design to the cavity cryomodule is described.
- Brookhaven National Lab. (BNL), Upton, NY (United States)
- Brookhaven National Lab. (BNL), Upton, NY (United States); Stony Brook Univ., NY (United States)
- Lancaster Univ. (United Kingdom)
- European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN), Geneva (Switzerland)
- Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC), Daresbury (United Kingdom). Daresbury Lab.
- Publication Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Report Number(s):
R&D Project: KBCH139; KB0202011; TRN: US1500227
- DOE Contract Number:
- Resource Type:
- Resource Relation:
- Conference: 6th International Particle Accelerator Conference (IPAC’15), Richmond, VA (United States), 3-8 May 2015
- Research Org:
- Brookhaven National Laboratory (BNL), Upton, NY (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- USDOE Office of Science (SC), Nuclear Physics (NP) (SC-26)
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 43 PARTICLE ACCELERATORS; CERN LHC; CAVITY RESONATORS; FINITE ELEMENT METHOD; DESIGN; ELECTRIC FILTERS; COMPUTERIZED SIMULATION
Enter terms in the toolbar above to search the full text of this document for pages containing specific keywords.