Mechanism of water oxidation by [Ru(bda)(L)₂]: The return of the "blue dimer"
We describe here a combined solution-surface-DFT calculations study for complexes of the type [Ru(bda)(L)₂] including X-ray structure of intermediates, their reactivity, as well as pH-dependent electrochemistry and spectroelectrochemistry. These studies shed light on the mechanism of water oxidation by [Ru(bda)(L)₂], revealing key features unavailable from solution studies with sacrificial oxidants.
- Brookhaven National Lab. (BNL), Upton, NY (United States)
- Baruch College, New York, NY (United States)
- Publication Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Report Number(s):
Journal ID: ISSN 1359-7345; CHCOFS; R&D Project: CO026; KC0304030
- Grant/Contract Number:
- Accepted Manuscript
- Journal Name:
- Additional Journal Information:
- Journal Volume: 51; Journal Issue: 19; Journal ID: ISSN 1359-7345
- Royal Society of Chemistry
- Research Org:
- Brookhaven National Laboratory (BNL), Upton, NY (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- USDOE Office of Science (SC), Basic Energy Sciences (BES) (SC-22)
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 37 INORGANIC, ORGANIC, PHYSICAL, AND ANALYTICAL CHEMISTRY
Enter terms in the toolbar above to search the full text of this document for pages containing specific keywords.