Multipacting-free quarter-wavelength choke joint design for BNL SRF
The BNL SRF gun cavity operated well in CW mode up to 2 MV. However, its performance suffered due to multipacting in the quarter-wavelength choke joint. A new multipacting-free cathode stalk was designed and conditioned. This paper describes RF and thermal design of the new cathode stalk and its conditioning results.
- Brookhaven National Lab. (BNL), Upton, NY (United States). Collider-Accelerator Dept.
- Brookhaven National Lab. (BNL), Upton, NY (United States). Collider-Accelerator Dept.; Stony Brook Univ., NY (United States). Dept. of Physics and Astronomy
- Publication Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Report Number(s):
R&D Project: KBCH139; KB0202011; TRN: US1500213
- DOE Contract Number:
- Resource Type:
- Resource Relation:
- Conference: 6th International Particle Accelerator Conference (IPAC’15), Richmond, VA (United States), 3-8 May 2015
- Research Org:
- Brookhaven National Laboratory (BNL), Upton, NY (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- USDOE Office of Science (SC), Nuclear Physics (NP) (SC-26)
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 43 PARTICLE ACCELERATORS; BROOKHAVEN RHIC; DESIGN; CATHODES; JOINTS; SUPERCONDUCTING CAVITY RESONATORS; RF SYSTEMS; PERFORMANCE; ELECTRON GUNS; LINEAR ACCELERATORS
Enter terms in the toolbar above to search the full text of this document for pages containing specific keywords.