Linking the uncertainty of low frequency variability in tropical forcing in regional climate change
The project utilizes multiple atmospheric general circulation models (AGCMs) to examine the regional climate sensitivity to tropical sea surface temperature forcing through a series of ensemble experiments. The overall goal for this work is to use the global teleconnection operator (GTO) as a metric to assess the impact of model structural differences on the uncertainties in regional climate variability.
- Pennsylvania State Univ., University Park, PA (United States). Dept. of Meteorology
- Univ. of Colorado, Boulder, CO (United States). CIRES and NOAA Earth System Research Lab.
- Publication Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Report Number(s):
- DOE Contract Number:
- Resource Type:
- Technical Report
- Research Org:
- Pennsylvania State Univ., University Park, PA (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- USDOE Office of Science (SC), Biological and Environmental Research (BER) (SC-23)
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 54 ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCES
Enter terms in the toolbar above to search the full text of this document for pages containing specific keywords.