9-D polarized proton transport in the MEIC figure-8 collider ring: first steps
Spin tracking studies in the MEIC figure-8 collider ion ring are presented, based on a very preliminary design of the lattice. They provide numerical illustrations of some of the aspects of the figure-8 concept, including spin-rotator based spin control, and lay out the path towards a complete spin tracking simulation of a figure-8 ring.
- Brookhaven National Lab. (BNL), Upton, NY (United States). Collider-Accelerator Dept.
- (TJNAF), Newport News, VA (United States)
- Publication Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Report Number(s):
- BNL--107019-2014-IR; BNL--C-A/AP/531
R&D Project: KBCH139; KB0202011; TRN: US1500127
- DOE Contract Number:
- Resource Type:
- Technical Report
- Research Org:
- Brookhaven National Laboratory (BNL), Upton, NY (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- USDOE Office of Science (SC), Nuclear Physics (NP) (SC-26)
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 43 PARTICLE ACCELERATORS; SPIN; PROTON BEAMS; POLARIZED BEAMS; ELECTRON BEAMS; COLLIDING BEAMS; STORAGE RINGS; CONTROL; PLANNING; SIMULATION; SPIN ORIENTATION
Enter terms in the toolbar above to search the full text of this document for pages containing specific keywords.