p-Au ramp test
During FY2015 RHIC will be providing proton-gold collisions for the first time. The large difference in Z/A of these species results in challenging conditions at injection. The two injection scenarios under investigation are injection at equal Bρ which results in different revolution frequencies of the two beams, and injection at equal revolution frequencies, which requires different rigidities of Bρ of protons and gold.
- Brookhaven National Lab. (BNL), Upton, NY (United States). Collider-Accelerator Dept.
- Publication Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Report Number(s):
- BNL--105549-2014-IR; BNL--C-A/AP/518
R&D Project: KBCH139; 18031; KB0202011; TRN: US1500109
- DOE Contract Number:
- Resource Type:
- Technical Report
- Research Org:
- Brookhaven National Laboratory (BNL), Upton, NY (United States). Relativistic Heavy Ion Collider
- Sponsoring Org:
- USDOE Office of Science (SC)
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 43 PARTICLE ACCELERATORS; PROTON BEAMS; GOLD 197 BEAMS; COLLIDING BEAMS; BEAM INJECTION; BROOKHAVEN RHIC; MAGNETIC RIGIDITY; PERFORMANCE TESTING; POLARIZED BEAMS; BEAM EMITTANCE Relativistic Heavy Ion Collider
Enter terms in the toolbar above to search the full text of this document for pages containing specific keywords.