Experience with OpenMP for MADX-SC
MADX-SC allows the treatment of frozen space charge using beam-beam elements in a thin lattice, i.e. one can take advantage of the standard set-up of MAD-X lattices without the need for specialized codes for the space-charge (SC) evaluation. The idea is to simulate over many turns without the problem of noise as in the PIC SC codes. For the examples under study, like the PS and RHIC, it would be desirable to simulate up to 1 million turns or more. To this end one had to make an effort to optimize the scalar speed and, most importantly, get a speed-up of approximately a factor of 5 using OpenMP.
- Brookhaven National Lab. (BNL), Upton, NY (United States). Collider-Accelerator Dept.
- Fermi National Accelerator Lab. (FNAL), Batavia, IL (United States)
- European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN), Geneva (Switzerland)
- Publication Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Report Number(s):
- BNL-105538-2014-IR; CERN-ACC-2014-0075; BNL-C-A/AP/515
R&D Project: KBCH139; 18031; KB0202011; TRN: US1500107
- DOE Contract Number:
- Resource Type:
- Technical Report
- Research Org:
- Brookhaven National Laboratory (BNL); Brookhaven National Laboratory (BNL), Upton, NY (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- USDOE Office of Science (SC)
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 43 PARTICLE ACCELERATORS; BROOKHAVEN RHIC; SPACE CHARGE; COMPUTERIZED SIMULATION; PARALLEL PROCESSING; M CODES; OPTIMIZATION; CERN PS SYNCHROTRON; BEAM DYNAMICS
Enter terms in the toolbar above to search the full text of this document for pages containing specific keywords.