Used Nuclear Fuel Loading and Structural Performance Under Normal Conditions of Transport- Demonstration of Approach and Results on Used Fuel Performance Characterization
This document addresses Oak Ridge National Laboratory milestone M2FT-13OR0822015 Demonstration of Approach and Results on Used Nuclear Fuel Performance Characterization. This report provides results of the initial demonstration of the modeling capability developed to perform preliminary deterministic evaluations of moderate-to-high burnup used nuclear fuel (UNF) mechanical performance under normal conditions of storage (NCS) and normal conditions of transport (NCT) conditions. This report also provides results from the sensitivity studies that have been performed. Finally, discussion on the long-term goals and objectives of this initiative are provided.
- Pacific Northwest National Lab. (PNNL), Richland, WA (United States)
- Idaho National Lab. (INL), Idaho Falls, ID (United States)
- Sandia National Lab. (SNL-NM), Albuquerque, NM (United States)
- Oak Ridge National Lab. (ORNL), Oak Ridge, TN (United States)
- Publication Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Report Number(s):
- DOE/NE--20130930HA; FCRD-UFD--2013-000325
- Resource Type:
- Program Document
- Research Org:
- USDOE Office of Nuclear Energy (NE)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 11 NUCLEAR FUEL CYCLE AND FUEL MATERIALS Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Used nuclear fuel loading and structural performance, NRC, UNF, M2FT-13OR0822015.
Enter terms in the toolbar above to search the full text of this document for pages containing specific keywords.