III-nitride nanowires : growth, properties, and applications.
Nanowires based on the III nitride materials system have attracted attention as potential nanoscale building blocks in optoelectronics, sensing, and electronics. However, before such applications can be realized, several challenges exist in the areas of controlled and ordered nanowire synthesis, fabrication of advanced nanowire heterostructures, and understanding and controlling the nanowire electrical and optical properties. Here, recent work is presented involving the aligned growth of GaN and III-nitride core-shell nanowires, along with extensive results providing insights into the nanowire properties obtained using advanced electrical, optical and structural characterization techniques.
- (Sandia National Laboratories, Livermore, CA)
- (Los Alamos National Laboratory, Los Alamos, NM)
- Publication Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Report Number(s):
- DOE Contract Number:
- Resource Type:
- Resource Relation:
- Conference: Proposed for presentation at the SPIE Optics%2BPhotonics Meeting held August 1-5, 2010 in San Diego, CA.
- Research Org:
- Sandia National Laboratories
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 36 MATERIALS SCIENCE; FABRICATION; NITRIDES; OPTICAL PROPERTIES; SYNTHESIS