Radiation shielding for TFTR DT diagnostics
The authors illustrate the designs of radiation shielding for the TFTR DT diagnostics using the ACX and TVTS systems as specific examples. The main emphasis here is on the radiation transport analyses carried out in support of the designs. Initial results from the DT operation indicate that the diagnostics have been functioning as anticipated and the shielding designs are satisfactory. The experience accumulated in the shielding design for the TFTR DT diagnostics should be useful and applicable to future devices, such as TPX and ITER, where many similar diagnostic systems are expected to be used.
- Publication Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Report Number(s):
- PPPL-CFP--3083; CONF-940630--20
ON: DE94014859; TRN: 94:013710
- DOE Contract Number:
- Resource Type:
- Resource Relation:
- Conference: 11. topical meeting on the technology of fusion energy,New Orleans, LA (United States),19-24 Jun 1994; Other Information: PBD: 
- Research Org:
- Princeton Univ., NJ (United States). Plasma Physics Lab.
- Sponsoring Org:
- USDOE, Washington, DC (United States)
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 70 PLASMA PHYSICS AND FUSION TECHNOLOGY; TFTR TOKAMAK; PLASMA DIAGNOSTICS; MEASURING INSTRUMENTS; SHIELDS; DESIGN; RESPONSE FUNCTIONS; THICKNESS; PHYSICAL RADIATION EFFECTS; NEUTRON FLUX 700320; PLASMA DIAGNOSTIC TECHNIQUES AND INSTRUMENTATION
Enter terms in the toolbar above to search the full text of this document for pages containing specific keywords.