Systematics of strong nuclear amplification of gluon saturation from exclusive vector meson production in high energy electron–nucleus collisions
Here, we show that gluon saturation gives rise to a strong modification of the scaling in both the nuclear mass number A and the virtuality Q 2 of the vector meson production cross-section in exclusive deep-inelastic scattering off nuclei. We present qualitative analytic expressions for how the scaling exponents are modified as well as quantitative predictions that can be tested at an Electron-Ion Collider.
- Univ. of Jyvaskyla (Finland). Dept. of Physics; Brookhaven National Lab. (BNL), Upton, NY (United States). Physics Dept.
- Brookhaven National Lab. (BNL), Upton, NY (United States). Physics Dept.
- Publication Date:
- Report Number(s):
Journal ID: ISSN 0370-2693
- Grant/Contract Number:
- SC0012704; ERC-2015-CoG-681707
- Published Article
- Journal Name:
- Physics Letters. Section B
- Additional Journal Information:
- Journal Volume: 781; Journal Issue: C; Journal ID: ISSN 0370-2693
- Research Org:
- Brookhaven National Laboratory (BNL), Upton, NY (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- USDOE Office of Science (SC), Nuclear Physics (NP) (SC-26); European Research Council (ERC)
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 73 NUCLEAR PHYSICS AND RADIATION PHYSICS; 72 PHYSICS OF ELEMENTARY PARTICLES AND FIELDS
- OSTI Identifier:
- Alternate Identifier(s):
- OSTI ID: 1463860