This content will become publicly available on November 25, 2018
Effects of copper loading on NH3-SCR and NO oxidation over Cu impregnated CHA zeolite
Cu/CHA catalysts with various Cu loadings (0.5 wt%–6.0 wt%) were synthesized via incipient wetness impregnation. The catalysts were then applied to the selective catalytic reduction (SCR) of NO with NH 3 and NO oxidation reaction. XRD and N 2 adsorption-desorption data showed that CHA structure was maintained with the incorporation of Cu, while specific surface areas decreased with increasing Cu loading. At intermediate Cu loading, 4 wt%, the highest NH 3-SCR activity was observed with ~98% N2 selectivity from 150°C to 300°C. Small amounts of water, 2%, slightly increased NO conversion in addition to the remarkable N 2O and NO 2 reduction at high temperature. Water effects are attributed to the improved Cu ion reducibility and mobility. NO oxidation results provided no relation between NO 2 formation and SCR activity. Physicochemical properties, NO conversion, N 2 selectivity, and activation energy data showed that impregnated samples’ molecular structure and catalytic activity are comparable to the conventional ion-exchanged (IE) samples’ ones.
- Stony Brook Univ., NY (United States). Materials Science and Chemical Engineering Dept.
- Stony Brook Univ., NY (United States). Geosciences Dept.
- Stony Brook Univ., NY (United States). Materials Science and Chemical Engineering Dept.; Brookhaven National Lab. (BNL), Upton, NY (United States). Center for Functional Nanomaterials (CFN)
- Publication Date:
- Report Number(s):
Journal ID: ISSN 0256-1115
- Grant/Contract Number:
- SC0012704; 37298
- Accepted Manuscript
- Journal Name:
- Korean Journal of Chemical Engineering
- Additional Journal Information:
- Journal Volume: 35; Journal Issue: 1; Journal ID: ISSN 0256-1115
- Research Org:
- Brookhaven National Laboratory (BNL), Upton, NY (United States); Stony Brook Univ., NY (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- USDOE Office of Science (SC), Basic Energy Sciences (BES) (SC-22)
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 77 NANOSCIENCE AND NANOTECHNOLOGY; 37 INORGANIC, ORGANIC, PHYSICAL, AND ANALYTICAL CHEMISTRY; 36 MATERIALS SCIENCE; Chabazite Framework Zeolite; Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR); Copper Loading; Incipient Wetness
- OSTI Identifier: