Fe Oxides on Ag Surfaces: Structure and Reactivity
One layer thick iron oxide films are attractive from both applied and fundamental science perspectives. The structural and chemical properties of these systems can be tuned by changing the substrate, making them promising materials for heterogeneous catalysis. In the present work, we investigate the structure of FeO(111) monolayer films grown on Ag(100) and Ag(111) substrates by means of microscopy and diffraction techniques and compare it with the structure of FeO(111) grown on other substrates reported in literature. We also study the NO adsorption properties of FeO(111)/Ag(100) and FeO(111)/Ag(111) systems utilizing different spectroscopic techniques. Finally, we discuss similarities and differences in the data obtained from adsorption experiments and compare it with previous results for FeO(111)/Pt(111).
- Lund Univ. (Sweden). Division of Synchrotron Radiation Research
- Deutsches Elektronen-Synchrotron (DESY), Hamburg (Germany). Photon Science
- Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC), Harwell Campus, Oxford (United Kingdom). Diamond Light Source, Ltd.
- Chalmers Univ. of Technology, Goteborg (Sweden)
- Univ. of Florida, Gainesville, FL (United States). Dept. of Chemical Engineering
- Publication Date:
- Grant/Contract Number:
- Accepted Manuscript
- Journal Name:
- Topics in Catalysis
- Additional Journal Information:
- Journal Volume: 60; Journal Issue: 6-7; Journal ID: ISSN 1022-5528
- Research Org:
- Univ. of Florida, Gainesville, FL (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- USDOE Office of Science (SC), Basic Energy Sciences (BES) (SC-22). Chemical Sciences, Geosciences, & Biosciences (CSGB) Division; Röntgen-Ångström Cluster (RÅC); Swedish Research Council (SRC); Swedish Foundation for International Cooperation in Research and Higher Education (STINT); Swedish National Infrastructure for Computing (SNIC); Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC), Harwell Campus, Oxford (United Kingdom). Diamond Light Source, Ltd.
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 75 CONDENSED MATTER PHYSICS, SUPERCONDUCTIVITY AND SUPERFLUIDITY; 36 MATERIALS SCIENCE; 37 INORGANIC, ORGANIC, PHYSICAL, AND ANALYTICAL CHEMISTRY; FeO; Ag; Surface X-ray diffraction; Reactivity; Single crystal surfaces; Surface structure
- OSTI Identifier: