Merging W W and W W + jet with Minlo
We present a simulation program for the production of a pair of W bosons in association with a jet, that can be used in conjunction with general-purpose shower Monte Carlo generators, according to the Powheg method. We have further adapted and implemented the Minlo ' method on top of the NLO calculation underlying our W + W - + jet generator. Thus, the resulting simulation achieves NLO accuracy not only for inclusive distributions in W + W - + jet production but also W + W - production, i.e. when the associated jet is not resolved, without the introduction of any unphysical merging scale. This work represents the first extension of the Minlo ' method, in its original form, to the case of a genuine underlying 2 → 2 process, with non-trivial virtual corrections.
- Univ. College London (UCL), London (United Kingdom). Department of Physics and Astronomy.
- Lawrence Berkeley National Lab. (LBNL), Berkeley, CA (United States), Theoretical Physics Group.; Univ. of California, Berkeley, CA (United States). Berkeley Center for Physics.
- Univ. of Oxford (United Kingdom). Rudolf Peirels Centre for Theoretical Physics.
- Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique (CNRS), Annecy-le-Vieux (France). Lab. D' Annecy-le-Vieux de Physique Theorique (LAPth)
- European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN), Geneva (Switzerland), Theoretical Physics Department
- Publication Date:
- Grant/Contract Number:
- Accepted Manuscript
- Journal Name:
- Journal of High Energy Physics (Online)
- Additional Journal Information:
- Journal Name: Journal of High Energy Physics (Online); Journal Volume: 2016; Journal Issue: 9; Journal ID: ISSN 1029-8479
- Springer Berlin
- Research Org:
- Lawrence Berkeley National Lab. (LBNL), Berkeley, CA (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- USDOE Office of Science (SC)
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 72 PHYSICS OF ELEMENTARY PARTICLES AND FIELDS; NLO computations; jets
- OSTI Identifier: