Testing local Lorentz invariance with gravitational waves
The effects of local Lorentz violation on dispersion and birefringence of gravitational waves are investigated. The covariant dispersion relation for gravitational waves involving gauge-invariant Lorentz violating operators of arbitrary mass dimension is constructed. The chirp signal from the gravitational wave event GW150914 is used to place numerous first constraints on gravitational Lorentz violation. (C) 2016 The Authors. Published by Elsevier B.V.
- Indiana Univ., Bloomington, IN (United States). Physics Dept.
- California Polytechnic State Univ., San Luis Obispo, CA (United States). Physics Dept.
- Publication Date:
- Grant/Contract Number:
- Published Article
- Journal Name:
- Physics Letters. Section B
- Additional Journal Information:
- Journal Volume: 757; Journal Issue: C; Journal ID: ISSN 0370-2693
- Research Org:
- Indiana Univ., Bloomington, IN (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 71 CLASSICAL AND QUANTUM MECHANICS, GENERAL PHYSICS; standard model; violation; cpt; radiation; strings
- OSTI Identifier:
- Alternate Identifier(s):
- OSTI ID: 1280746