Uranium and thorium complexes of the phosphaethynolate ion
New tris-amidinate actinide (Th, U) complexes containing a rare O-bound terminal phosphaethynolate (OCP⁻) ligand were synthesized and fully characterized. The cyanate (OCN⁻) and thiocyanate (SCN⁻) analogs were prepared for comparison and feature a preferential N-coordination to the actinide metals. The Th(amid)3(OCP) complex reacts with Ni(COD)2 to yield the heterobimetallic adduct (amid)3Th(μ-η1(O):η2(C,P)-OCP)Ni(COD) featuring an unprecedented reduced (OCP⁻) bent fragment bridging the two metals.
- Lawrence Berkeley National Lab., Berkeley, CA (United States). Chemical Sciences Div.
- Universit´e de Toulouse, Toulouse (France). LPCNO.
- Univ. of Oxford, Oxford (United Kingdom). Dept. of Chemisty.
- Publication Date:
- Grant/Contract Number:
- AC02-05CH11231; NIH S10-RR027172
- Accepted Manuscript
- Journal Name:
- Chemical Science
- Additional Journal Information:
- Journal Volume: 6; Journal Issue: 11; Journal ID: ISSN 2041-6520
- Royal Society of Chemistry
- Research Org:
- Lawrence Berkeley National Lab. (LBNL), Berkeley, CA (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- USDOE Office of Science (SC), Basic Energy Sciences (BES) (SC-22)
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- OSTI Identifier: