Plastic deformation in profile-coated elliptical KB mirrors
Profile coating has been successfully applied to produce elliptical Kirkpatrick-Baez (KB) mirrors using both cylindrical and flat Si substrates. Previously, focusing widths of 70 nm with 15-keV monochromatic and 80 nm with white beam were achieved using a flat Si substrate. Now, precision elliptical KB mirrors with sub-nm figure errors are produced with both Au and Pt coatings on flat substrates. Here, recent studies of bare Si-, Au-, and Pt-coated KB mirrors under prolonged synchrotron X-ray radiation and low-temperature vacuum annealing will be discussed in terms of film stress relaxation and Si plastic deformation.
- Argonne National Lab. (ANL), Argonne, IL (United States). X-ray Science Div.
- National Synchrotron Light Source II, Brookhaven National Laboratory (BNL), Upton, NY (United States)
- Synchrotron Soleil, BP Gif-sur-Yvette (France)
- Oak Ridge National Lab. (ORNL), Oak Ridge, TN (United States). Materials Science and Technology Div.
- Publication Date:
- Grant/Contract Number:
- AC05-00OR22725; AC02-06CH11357
- Published Article
- Journal Name:
- ISRN Optics
- Additional Journal Information:
- Journal Volume: 2012; Journal ID: ISSN 2090-7826
- Research Org:
- Oak Ridge National Lab. (ORNL), Oak Ridge, TN (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- USDOE Office of Science (SC)
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 36 MATERIALS SCIENCE
- OSTI Identifier:
- Alternate Identifier(s):
- OSTI ID: 1052266