Defect-enhanced void filling and novel filled phases of open-structure skutterudites
Here, we report the design of novel filled CoSb3 skutterudite phases based on a combination of filling and Sb-substituted Ga/In defects. Ga/In doped skutterudite phases with Li-, Nd-, and Sm-fillings can be formed via this strategy, which can have relatively wider ranges of carrier concentration than other conventional filled skutterudite phases.
- Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS), Beijing (China). Shanghai Inst. of Ceramics
- Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS), Beijing (China). Shanghai Inst. of Ceramics; Shanghai Univ. (China). Materials Genome Inst.
- Oak Ridge National Lab. (ORNL), Oak Ridge, TN (United States)
- Univ. of Washington, Seattle, WA (United States). Materials Science and Engineering Dept.
- Publication Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Grant/Contract Number:
- Accepted Manuscript
- Journal Name:
- Additional Journal Information:
- Journal Volume: 51; Journal Issue: 54; Journal ID: ISSN 1359-7345
- Royal Society of Chemistry
- Research Org:
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL), Oak Ridge, TN (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- USDOE Advanced Research Projects Agency - Energy (ARPA-E)
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 37 INORGANIC, ORGANIC, PHYSICAL, AND ANALYTICAL CHEMISTRY; 36 MATERIALS SCIENCE