How to Order OpenNet Documents
For those documents not available electronically through the OpenNet web site, the documents can be requested from one of several locations.
To get to a specific document, perform a search for the document in the search box on the left, or on the Advanced Search page.
On the Search Results page, click on the title of the specific document. This links to Detail page for that document. On the detail page, look at the
Document Location field. This will tell you where the document was located when the record was submitted to the OpenNet database, or its current
location when we have been notified of a change in location. Below are the locations that occur in the majority of the records.
DOE INFORMATION CENTER
1 Science.gov Way
Oak Ridge, TN 37831
Toll-Free: 1-800-382-6938, Option 6
DOE PUBLIC READING ROOM
RICHLAND OPERATIONS OFFICE
P.O. Box 999, MS H2-53
Richland, WA 99352
LAWRENCE LIVERMORE NATIONAL LABORATORY
P.O. Box 808
Livermore, CA 94550
Livermore, CA 94550
NEVADA NUCLEAR TESTING ARCHIVE (NTA)
Many NTA documents are easily accessible via OpenNet. Instructions on how to search OpenNet are listed below.
Please note requests can take up to 30 days for processing. No more than 100 documents per request, per month.
When requesting documents, list the accession number (i.e. NVxxxxxxx). Documents are sent in PDF format unless otherwise specified. If you request documents or
other media in hard copy form, additional charges may apply.
The bibliographic information for the collection at the Nuclear Testing Archive can be accessed through OpenNet. OpenNet is the DOE's bibliographic database containing declassified and publicly available documents.
Below are instructions when researching topics on OpenNet.
- GO to the Department of Energy OpenNet website: https://www.osti.gov/opennet/advanced-search
In the ACCESSION NUMBER field, ENTER NV* to gain access to entries found in the NTA database.
NOTE: ALL NTA documents contain the prefix NV0.
In the TITLE field, ENTER the key terms you wish to search for (i.e., drill back, Operation Cue, Manhattan Project, UFOs, etc.).
NOTE: Utilize the "Less is More" philosophy when choosing key terms.
- PRESS the blue SEARCH button at the top of the screen.
- Once you get your results, GO to the Black Bar in the top banner of the page and click on ACCESSION NUMBER in order to put the documents in ascending numerical order.
- Scroll through the list of documents to determine which documents may be of interest to you.
- Compile a list of documents you wish to review.
- Press ADVANCED SEARCH in the top left corner to go back to the OpenNet search fields to continue research utilizing additional search fields such as AUTHOR, DOCUMENT NUMBER, PUBLICATION DATE, etc.
Requesting Documents (if unavailable)
Please email your request to the following email: CIC@nv.doe.gov
When requesting documents, list the accession number (i.e. NVxxxxxxx).
Documents are scanned into PDF files which can be read with the Adobe Reader. This software is available to be downloaded free of charge at http://www.adobe.com [exit federal site].
If you request documents in hard copy form, please be advised of the following charges:
- CD-ROMs - documents provided on a CD-ROM are at a cost of $6 each which includes shipping and handling (domestic only and does not include Hawaii or Alaska). International fees for shipping and handling will be determined at the time of processing. CD-ROMs are sent via USPS mail where applicable;
- DVDs - videos are sent at a cost of $14 each which includes shipping and handling (domestic only and does not include Hawaii or Alaska). International fees for shipping and handling will be determined at the time of processing. DVDs are sent via USPS mail where applicable;
- Foreign Requests - As stated above, the price for shipping for foreign requests will be determined when the order has been placed and before processing. Customers of foreign requests will need to contact NTA directly at CIC@nv.doe.gov
- Payment - customers should NOT send money ahead of time. Upon completion of the request, customers will be required to send money for the exact amount. Payments should be made by check or money order (NO CREDIT CARDS) in US$, payable to "National Security Technologies, LLC".
Nuclear Testing Archive
PADUCAH GASEOUS DIFFUSION PLANT
Mission Support and Test Services
P.O. Box 98521
Las Vegas, NV 89193-9521
Swift Staley Team
P.O. Box 520 MS 2001
West Paducah, KY 42086
Mr. Jackie G. Thompson
P.O. Box 385
Waverly, OH 45690
U.S. DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE
TECHNOLOGY ADMINISTRATION, NATIONAL TECHNICAL INFORMATION SERVICE (NTIS)
Springfield, VA 22161
U.S. DEPARTMENT OF ENERGY
OFFICE OF SCIENTIFIC AND TECHNICAL INFORMATION (OSTI)
Oak Ridge, TN 37831
Contact by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH CAROLINA AIKEN
471 University Parkway
Aiken, SC 29803
Kathy Karn Carmichael