J.R. Oppenheimer and General Groves The Manhattan Project, An Interactive History Home The Manhattan Project, An Interactive History Home Department of Energy Home Office of History and Heritage Resources Home DOEHome
Events People Places Processes Science Resources

Resources

About this Site

How to Navigate this Site

Library

Maps

Note on Sources

Nuclear Energy and the Public's Right to Know

Photo Gallery

Site Map

Sources and Notes

Suggested
Readings

FULLER LODGE
Los Alamos Boys Ranch School and Los Alamos (The Town)
Resources > Photo Gallery

Fuller Lodge

Fuller Lodge was one of the main structures of the Los Alamos Boys Ranch School, serving as its headquarters in its later years.  It was converted into a mess hall and guest quarters during the Manhattan Project.  In the photograph above, part of the guest house is visible in the distance to the right.

The photograph above is courtesy the Los Alamos National Laboratory.  It is also reproduced in Edith C. Truslow, with Kasha V. Thayer, ed., Manhattan Engineer District: Nonscientific Aspects of Los Alamos Project Y, 1942 through 1946 (Los Alamos, NM: Manhattan Engineer District, ca. 1946; first printed by Los Alamos Scientific Laboratory as LA-5200, March 1973; reprinted in 1997 by the Los Alamos Historical Society), 57.  The additional photographs below are:

Graduation ceremony, Fuller Lodge, Los Alamos Boys School Ranch

Students eating lunch on the porch, Fuller Lodge, Los Alamos Boys Ranch School.

Main dining room, Fuller Lodge, ca. 1946

Main dining room, Fuller Lodge

Los Alamos (Fuller Lodge and the "Big House" are visible in the distance to the left and right, respectively).

Close-up of Fuller Lodge

Click on a link below to return to:

Previous    Next

Home | History Office | OpenNet | DOE | Privacy and Security Notices
About this Site | How to Navigate this Site | Note on Sources | Site Map | Contact Us