DOE Science Showcase - Nanotechnology
Nanotechnology has a vitally important role to play in addressing the nation’s energy, climate change and national security challenges. DOE maintains a strong commitment to the initiative, which has served as an effective and valuable way to spotlight needs and target resources in this critical area of science and technology.
Nanotechnology Research Results in DOE Databases
- Zoom in on nanoscience, ORNL Review 2012
- Nanotechnology 101, National Nanotechnology Initiative
- Brighter, Smaller Probes to Uncover the Secret Lives of Proteins, BNL
- Lab Breakthrough: Nanomaterials Discoveries Lead to Possible Cancer Treatment , ANL YouTube video
- In the OSTI Collections: Nanotechnology, William Watson, OSTI
- DOE Basic Energy Sciences 2011 Summary Report, DOE Office of Science
DOE’s Office of Science supports five recently-established DOE Nanoscale Science Research Centers, user facilities that provide access to leading-edge synthesis, characterization, and computational tools and scientific expertise for interdisciplinary research at the nanoscale.
- Center for Nanoscale Materials ANL
- Center for Functional Nanomaterials BNL
- The Molecular Foundry LBNL
- Center for Nanophase Materials Sciences ORNL
- Center for Integrated Nanotechnologies LANL