A group of instruments for X-ray spectroscopy and polarimetry studies of a number of cosmic X-ray sources is being designed for possible use on Spacelab. Large area Bragg spectrometers and polarimeters for photon energies above 2 keV are described. For the energy range below 2 keV, both dispersive and non-dispersive spectrometers are employed at the common focus of a nested array of paraboloids. Following a brief outline of the scientific background to the mission, the properties of the individual instruments are discussed.
Andresen, R D; Whitcomb, G;  Brinkman, A C;  Beuermann, K;  Culhane, J L;  Griffiths, R;  Manno, V;  Rocchia, R 
- European Space Research and Technology Centre, Noordwijk (Netherlands)
- Space Research Laboratory, Utrecht, The Netherlands
- Max-Planck-Institut fuer Physik und Astrophysik, Garching/Muenchen (Germany, F.R.). Inst. fuer Extraterrestrische Physik
- University Coll., London (UK). Mullard Space Science Lab.
- Leicester Univ. (UK)
- ESA Headquarters, Paris, France
- CEA Centre d'Etudes Nucleaires de Saclay, 91 - Gif-sur-Yvette (France)