The chairman noted that the main item raised is still public acceptance. other items being safety, financial, and the economics of technology. On public acceptance the chairman commented that the weight of the `displeasure` of the public is not uniform across the spectrum of applications of nuclear science and technology thus the nuclear science and technology should capitalise on the areas in which the public has little apprehension. Further, since public acceptance is a crucial factor, then it must be strengthened. One of the means by which this could be achieved is by exploiting the non-power applications of the technology in various other sectors. sectors.
Alang Md Rashid, Nahrul Khair;  Durante, R W;  Hagiwara, Miyuki;  Gupta, M; Nitschke, R L;  Basfar, A A;  Osman, Mohamad 
- Malaysian Inst. for Nuclear Technology Research (MINT), Bangi, Selangor (Malaysia)
- American Nuclear Society (United States)
- Japan Atomic Energy Research Inst., Takasaki, Gunma (Japan). Takasaki Radiation Chemistry Research Establishment
- Lockheed Martin Idaho Technologies Co., Idaho Falls, ID (United States)
- Inst. of Atomic Energy Research, Riyadh (Saudi Arabia)
- National Univ. of Malaysia, Bangi, Selangor (Malaysia). Dept. of Genetics