You need JavaScript to view this

The effectiveness of recirculating flue gasses on a gas-fuel oil boiler unit with hearth burners

Journal Article:

Abstract

The results of investigating the effect of recirculating flue gasses on a TP-87 boiler (D = 420 tons per hour, 14 MPa, 560 C) with a hearth composition of four gas-fuel oil burners are presented. The heat-release rate of the volume of the furnace is 136 Kw per m/sup 3/; that if a cross section of the combustion chamber is 3.2 MW/m/sup 2/. The hot air temperature is 420 C. The tests were carried out during the combustion of M-100 petroleum oil which has a moisture content of 3 / 4% and a sulfur content of 2.4%. The pressure of the oil against the mechanical sprayers is 2.9-3.0 MPa at the rated load; the temperature is 125-130 C. The recirculation of the flue gasses was organized in order to expand the regulatory stress range and decrease the discharge of nitric oxides into the atmosphere. Moreover, flue gasses with a temperature of 330-370/sup 0/C were removed from a first-degree BE gas conduit, and, using two BGD-15.5 type exhaust fans, were fed into the annular channels around the burners. The calculated velocity of the gasses at the output of the burner is equal to 35 M/s; the air velocity is 64 M/s.  More>>
Publication Date:
Jan 01, 1981
Product Type:
Journal Article
Reference Number:
EDB-83-087106
Resource Relation:
Journal Name: Elektr. Stn.; (USSR); Journal Volume: 10
Subject:
42 ENGINEERING; BOILERS; EFFICIENCY; EXHAUST RECIRCULATION SYSTEMS; FLUE GAS; CIRCULATING SYSTEMS; FUEL GAS; GAS FURNACES; HEAT LOSSES; NITRIC OXIDE; OIL FURNACES; STRESS ANALYSIS; SULFUR; CHALCOGENIDES; ELEMENTS; ENERGY LOSSES; EQUIPMENT; EXHAUST SYSTEMS; FLUIDS; FUELS; FURNACES; GAS FUELS; GASEOUS WASTES; GASES; LOSSES; NITROGEN COMPOUNDS; NITROGEN OXIDES; NONMETALS; OXIDES; OXYGEN COMPOUNDS; POLLUTION CONTROL EQUIPMENT; WASTES; 421000* - Engineering- Combustion Systems
OSTI ID:
6444438
Country of Origin:
USSR
Language:
English
Other Identifying Numbers:
Journal ID: CODEN: EKSTA
Submitting Site:
HEDB
Size:
Pages: 57-58
Announcement Date:
Jan 01, 1983

Journal Article:

Citation Formats

Eremeev, V V, Kovalenko, A L, and Kozlov, V G. The effectiveness of recirculating flue gasses on a gas-fuel oil boiler unit with hearth burners. USSR: N. p., 1981. Web.
Eremeev, V V, Kovalenko, A L, & Kozlov, V G. The effectiveness of recirculating flue gasses on a gas-fuel oil boiler unit with hearth burners. USSR.
Eremeev, V V, Kovalenko, A L, and Kozlov, V G. 1981. "The effectiveness of recirculating flue gasses on a gas-fuel oil boiler unit with hearth burners." USSR.
@misc{etde_6444438,
title = {The effectiveness of recirculating flue gasses on a gas-fuel oil boiler unit with hearth burners}
author = {Eremeev, V V, Kovalenko, A L, and Kozlov, V G}
abstractNote = {The results of investigating the effect of recirculating flue gasses on a TP-87 boiler (D = 420 tons per hour, 14 MPa, 560 C) with a hearth composition of four gas-fuel oil burners are presented. The heat-release rate of the volume of the furnace is 136 Kw per m/sup 3/; that if a cross section of the combustion chamber is 3.2 MW/m/sup 2/. The hot air temperature is 420 C. The tests were carried out during the combustion of M-100 petroleum oil which has a moisture content of 3 / 4% and a sulfur content of 2.4%. The pressure of the oil against the mechanical sprayers is 2.9-3.0 MPa at the rated load; the temperature is 125-130 C. The recirculation of the flue gasses was organized in order to expand the regulatory stress range and decrease the discharge of nitric oxides into the atmosphere. Moreover, flue gasses with a temperature of 330-370/sup 0/C were removed from a first-degree BE gas conduit, and, using two BGD-15.5 type exhaust fans, were fed into the annular channels around the burners. The calculated velocity of the gasses at the output of the burner is equal to 35 M/s; the air velocity is 64 M/s. It is shown that the TP-87 furnace--with fuel oil hearth burners and recirculation to obtain flue gasses into independent burner ducts--makes it possible to obtain a useful stress range during almost complete fuel oil combustion with minimal air exceses by maintaining the calculated temperature of the superheated vapor. Recirculating flue gasses in a duct around the burners constitutes an effective means of decreasing the discharge of nitric oxides, and of decreasing local heat stress on the screens. However, increasing the recirculation coefficient to 0.17 causes a 0.35% increase in the loss of heat with the departing gasses (the temperature of which increases by 7 C), and a 0.15% decrease in the heat flow rate for SN, which leads to an overall drop of approx. 0.5% in the efficiency coefficient of the boiler.}
journal = {Elektr. Stn.; (USSR)}
volume = {10}
journal type = {AC}
place = {USSR}
year = {1981}
month = {Jan}
}