You need JavaScript to view this

Mechanism of fission of neutron-deficient actinoids nuclides

Abstract

A heavy ion reaction ({sup 19}F+{sup 209}Bi) is selected. The reaction produces neutron-deficient {sup 228}U which is compound nucleus with a pair of Rb(z=37) and Cs(Z=55). Energy dissipation problem of nucleus was studied by measuring the isotope distribution of two fissile nuclides. Bismuth metal evaporated on aluminium foil was irradiated by {sup 19}F with the incident energy of 105-128 MeV. We concluded from the results that the excess energy of reaction system obtained with increasing the incident energy is consumed by (1) light Rb much more than Cs and (2) about 60% of energy is given to two fission fragments and the rest 40% to the translational kinetic energy or unknown anomalous {gamma}-ray irradiation. (S.Y.)
Authors:
Sueki, Keisuke; Nakahara, Hiromichi; [1]  Tanase, Masakazu; Nagame, Yuichiro; Shinohara, Nobuo; Tsukada, Kazuaki
  1. Tokyo Metropolitan Univ., Hachioji (Japan). Faculty of Science
Publication Date:
Jan 01, 1996
Product Type:
Technical Report
Report Number:
UTRCN-G-24
Reference Number:
SCA: 663470; 663580; PA: JPN-97:006282; EDB-97:109387; SN: 97001823173
Resource Relation:
Other Information: PBD: Jan 1996; Related Information: Is Part Of Report on progress of researches by common utilization of JAERI nuclear facilities, for fiscal 1994; PB: 373 p.
Subject:
66 PHYSICS; ACTINIDE NUCLEI; FISSION; FISSION FRAGMENTS; NEUTRON-DEFICIENT ISOTOPES; ENERGY LOSSES; COMPOUND NUCLEI; BISMUTH 209 TARGET; FLUORINE 19 REACTIONS
OSTI ID:
506244
Research Organizations:
Tokyo Univ. (Japan). Research Center for Nuclear Science and Technology
Country of Origin:
Japan
Language:
Japanese
Other Identifying Numbers:
Other: ON: DE97736276; TRN: JP9706282
Availability:
OSTI as DE97736276
Submitting Site:
JPN
Size:
pp. 269-271
Announcement Date:

Citation Formats

Sueki, Keisuke, Nakahara, Hiromichi, Tanase, Masakazu, Nagame, Yuichiro, Shinohara, Nobuo, and Tsukada, Kazuaki. Mechanism of fission of neutron-deficient actinoids nuclides. Japan: N. p., 1996. Web.
Sueki, Keisuke, Nakahara, Hiromichi, Tanase, Masakazu, Nagame, Yuichiro, Shinohara, Nobuo, & Tsukada, Kazuaki. Mechanism of fission of neutron-deficient actinoids nuclides. Japan.
Sueki, Keisuke, Nakahara, Hiromichi, Tanase, Masakazu, Nagame, Yuichiro, Shinohara, Nobuo, and Tsukada, Kazuaki. 1996. "Mechanism of fission of neutron-deficient actinoids nuclides." Japan.
@misc{etde_506244,
title = {Mechanism of fission of neutron-deficient actinoids nuclides}
author = {Sueki, Keisuke, Nakahara, Hiromichi, Tanase, Masakazu, Nagame, Yuichiro, Shinohara, Nobuo, and Tsukada, Kazuaki}
abstractNote = {A heavy ion reaction ({sup 19}F+{sup 209}Bi) is selected. The reaction produces neutron-deficient {sup 228}U which is compound nucleus with a pair of Rb(z=37) and Cs(Z=55). Energy dissipation problem of nucleus was studied by measuring the isotope distribution of two fissile nuclides. Bismuth metal evaporated on aluminium foil was irradiated by {sup 19}F with the incident energy of 105-128 MeV. We concluded from the results that the excess energy of reaction system obtained with increasing the incident energy is consumed by (1) light Rb much more than Cs and (2) about 60% of energy is given to two fission fragments and the rest 40% to the translational kinetic energy or unknown anomalous {gamma}-ray irradiation. (S.Y.)}
place = {Japan}
year = {1996}
month = {Jan}
}