You need JavaScript to view this

Study of lung perfusion in colagenosis

Journal Article:

Abstract

The lung involvement in the various types of colagenosis has been widely described in the literature. However, the study of lung perfusion utilizing radionuclides has been only mentioned in a few papers. With the intention of ascertaining the importance of the lung perfusion scanning in colagenosis, ten cases were studied, seven of which were females and three males, with the following pathologies: 4 rheumatoid arthritis, 4 systemic lupus eritematosous, 1 scleroderma and 1 scleroderma plus dermatomyositis. The ages of the patients varied from 20 to 73 years, and the duration of the disease from 1 month to 39 years. The lung scanning showed perfusion defects in 100% of the cases, not related with the type of colagenosis, duration of the disease, sex or age. On the other hand, the X rays study showed alterations in only 2 patients (20% of the cases). The ventilatory and respiratory functions were tested on 7 patients showing alteration (mixed pattern with predominance of the restrictive factor) in only one (14.3%), while the other patients were normal (85.7%). The importance of the lung perfusion scanning study in all patients with collagen vascular diseases is emphasized.
Authors:
Macedo de Carvalho, A C; Calegaro, J U.M. [1] 
  1. Fundacao Hospitalar do Distrito Federal, Distrito Federal (Brazil). Unidade de Medicina Nuclear
Publication Date:
Jul 01, 1982
Product Type:
Journal Article
Reference Number:
AIX-15-009669; EDB-84-076711
Resource Relation:
Journal Name: Rev. Biol. Med. Nucl.; (Uruguay); Journal Volume: 14:1-2
Subject:
62 RADIOLOGY AND NUCLEAR MEDICINE; LUNGS; RADIOISOTOPE SCANNING; PERFUSED ORGANS; COLLAGEN; PATIENTS; RADIOISOTOPES; RHEUMATIC DISEASES; VASCULAR DISEASES; X-RAY RADIOGRAPHY; BODY; COUNTING TECHNIQUES; DISEASES; INDUSTRIAL RADIOGRAPHY; ISOTOPES; ORGANIC COMPOUNDS; ORGANS; PROTEINS; RESPIRATORY SYSTEM; SCLEROPROTEINS; SKELETAL DISEASES; 550601* - Medicine- Unsealed Radionuclides in Diagnostics
OSTI ID:
5012907
Country of Origin:
Uruguay
Language:
Portuguese
Other Identifying Numbers:
Journal ID: CODEN: RBMNB
Submitting Site:
HEDB
Size:
Pages: 17-20
Announcement Date:

Journal Article:

Citation Formats

Macedo de Carvalho, A C, and Calegaro, J U.M. Study of lung perfusion in colagenosis. Uruguay: N. p., 1982. Web.
Macedo de Carvalho, A C, & Calegaro, J U.M. Study of lung perfusion in colagenosis. Uruguay.
Macedo de Carvalho, A C, and Calegaro, J U.M. 1982. "Study of lung perfusion in colagenosis." Uruguay.
@misc{etde_5012907,
title = {Study of lung perfusion in colagenosis}
author = {Macedo de Carvalho, A C, and Calegaro, J U.M.}
abstractNote = {The lung involvement in the various types of colagenosis has been widely described in the literature. However, the study of lung perfusion utilizing radionuclides has been only mentioned in a few papers. With the intention of ascertaining the importance of the lung perfusion scanning in colagenosis, ten cases were studied, seven of which were females and three males, with the following pathologies: 4 rheumatoid arthritis, 4 systemic lupus eritematosous, 1 scleroderma and 1 scleroderma plus dermatomyositis. The ages of the patients varied from 20 to 73 years, and the duration of the disease from 1 month to 39 years. The lung scanning showed perfusion defects in 100% of the cases, not related with the type of colagenosis, duration of the disease, sex or age. On the other hand, the X rays study showed alterations in only 2 patients (20% of the cases). The ventilatory and respiratory functions were tested on 7 patients showing alteration (mixed pattern with predominance of the restrictive factor) in only one (14.3%), while the other patients were normal (85.7%). The importance of the lung perfusion scanning study in all patients with collagen vascular diseases is emphasized.}
journal = {Rev. Biol. Med. Nucl.; (Uruguay)}
volume = {14:1-2}
journal type = {AC}
place = {Uruguay}
year = {1982}
month = {Jul}
}