The Association of Shape Memory Alloys(ASMA) was established in 1983 and systematic surveys on the Ni-Ti and Cu based SMAs were carried out until 1986. The ASMA is now reorganized as a private association. In this paper, we briefly introduce several SMA products of the member companies and present a couple of products, a static rock breaking system and a thermostatic mixing valve in detail. (orig.).
Kobayashi, J;  Yamauchi, K;  Miyashita, T;  Ohkata, I;  Narumi, S;  Suzuki, Y 
- ASMA, Yokohama (Japan)
- TOKIN Corp., Sendai (Japan)
- Nishimatsu Construction Co., Ltd., Yamato (Japan)
- Kato Hatsujo Kaisha, Ltd., Yokohama (Japan)
- Sogo Hatsujo Co., Ltd. (Japan)
- Furukawa Electric Co. Ltd., Tokyo (Japan)