A concept definition of the KT-2 tokamak is made. The research goal of the machine is to study the `advanced tokamak` physics and engineering issues on the mid size large-aspect-ratio diverter tokamak with intense RF heating (>5 MW). Survey of the status of the research fields, the physics basis for the concept, operation scenarios, as well as machine design concept are presented. (Author) 86 refs., 17 figs., 22 tabs.
Kim, Sung Kyoo; Chang, In Soon; Chung, Moon Kyoo; Hwang, Chul Kyoo; Lee, Kwang Won; In, Sang Ryul; Choi, Byung Ho; Hong, Bong Keun; Oh, Byung Hoon; Chung, Seung Ho; Yoon, Byung Joo; Yoon, Jae Sung; Song, Woo Sub;  Chang, Choong Suk; Chang, Hong Yung; Choi, Duk In; Nam, Chang Heui;  Chung, Kyoo Sun;  Hong, Sang Heui;  Kang, Heui Dong;  Lee, Jae Koo 
- Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute, Taejon (Korea, Republic of)
- Korea Advanced Inst. of Science and Technology, Taejon (Korea, Republic of)
- Hanyang Univ., Seoul (Korea, Republic of)
- Seoul National Univ., Seoul (Korea, Republic of)
- Kyungpook National Univ., Taegu (Korea, Republic of)
- Pohang Inst. of Science and Technology, Kyungnam (Korea, Republic of)