Investigations were carried out at Kivetty site in Konginkangas, in central Finland, by geological, geophysical, geohydrological and geochemical methods in 1987-1991 to determine the suitability of the bedrock for the final disposal of spent nuclear fuel. Airborne, ground and borehole geophysical methods were used to study the rock type distribution, fracturing and hydraulic conductivity of the bedrock to a depth of one kilometre.
Heikkinen, E;  Ahokas, H;  Paananen, M;  Oehberg, A;  Front, K; Okko, O; Pitkaenen, P;  Cosma, C; Heikkinen, P; Keskinen, J; Korhonen, R 
- Fintact Ky, Helsinki (Finland)
- Geological Survey of Finland, Espoo (Finland)
- Saanio and Riekkola Consulting Engineers, Helsinki (Finland)
- Technical Research of Finland, Espoo (Finland). Road, Traffic and Geotechnical Lab.
- Vibrometric Oy, Perttula (Finland)