Major technological innovations brought to the new UP3 and UP2-800 reprocessing plants of COGEMA LA HAGUE and also to the JNFS ROKKASHO plant concern the head-end process. The continuous process designed allows for high throughputs whilst meeting stringent safety requirements. The head-end of each plant includes two lines for each operation in order to guarantee availability. This paper presents the T1 head-end facility of the UP3 plant as well as the few adaptations implemented in the ROKKASHO Reprocessing Plant to fulfill the particular design requirements in Japan.
Saudray, D;  Poncelet, F J;  Hugelmann, D;  Mukohara, S;  Cho, A 
- CEA Centre d`Etudes de la Vallee du Rhone, 30 - Marcoule (FR). Direction du Cycle du Combustible
- Societe Generale pour les Techniques Nouvelles (SGN), 78 - Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines (FR)
- Compagnie Generale des Matieres Nucleaires (COGEMA), 50 - Cherbourg (FR). Etablissement de La Hague
- Japan Nuclear Fuel Service Co., Ltd. Tokyo (JP)
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Ltd., Tokyo (JP)