Configurable double-sided modular jet impingement assemblies for electronics cooling
A modular jet impingement assembly includes an inlet tube fluidly coupled to a fluid inlet, an outlet tube fluidly coupled to a fluid outlet, and a modular manifold having a first distribution recess extending into a first side of the modular manifold, a second distribution recess extending into a second side of the modular manifold, a plurality of inlet connection tubes positioned at an inlet end of the modular manifold, and a plurality of outlet connection tubes positioned at an outlet end of the modular manifold. A first manifold insert is removably positioned within the first distribution recess, a second manifold insert is removably positioned within the second distribution recess, and a first and second heat transfer plate each removably coupled to the modular manifold. The first and second heat transfer plates each comprise an impingement surface.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing North America, Inc. (Erlanger, KY) DOEEE
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2015 Aug 20
- Research Org:
- Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing North America, Inc., Erlanger, KY (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 42 ENGINEERING
Other works cited in this record:Apparatus and methods for microchannel cooling of semiconductor integrated circuit packages
patent, March 2007
- Bezama, Raschid; Colgan, Evan; Magerlein, John
- US Patent Document 7,190,580
Liquid Cooled Rack with Optimized Air Flow Rate and Liquid Coolant Flow
patent-application, February 2010
- Copeland, David W.; Vogel, Marlin R.; Masto, Andrew R.
- US Patent Application 12/189577; 20100032142
Manifold microchannel heat sink design using optimization under uncertainty
journal, February 2014
- Sarangi, Suchismita; Bodla, Karthik K.; Garimella, Suresh V.
- International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol. 69, p. 92-105
Numerical study of flow uniformity and pressure characteristics within a microchannel array with triangular manifolds
journal, May 2013
- Mohammadi, Mahshid; Jovanovic, Goran N.; Sharp, Kendra V.
- Computers & Chemical Engineering, Vol. 52, p. 134-144
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: