Chimeric OspA genes, proteins and methods of use thereof
The invention relates to the development of chimeric OspA molecules for use in a new Lyme vaccine. More specifically, the chimeric OspA molecules comprise the proximal portion from one OspA serotype, together with the distal portion from another OspA serotype, while retaining antigenic properties of both of the parent polypeptides. The chimeric OspA molecules are delivered alone or in combination to provide protection against a variety of Borrelia genospecies. The invention also provides methods for administering the chimeric OspA molecules to a subject in the prevention and treatment of Lyme disease or borreliosis.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Brookhaven Science Associates, LLC (Upton, NY) BNL
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2016 Feb 22
- Research Org:
- Research Foundation of the State University of New York, Amherst, NY; Brookhaven National Laboratory (BNL), Upton, NY (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
Other works cited in this record:Recombinant immunoglobin preparations
patent, March 1989
- Cabilly, Shmuel; Heyneker, Herbert; Holmes, William
- US Patent Document 4,816,567
Basic local alignment search tool
journal, October 1990
- Altschul, Stephen F.; Gish, Warren; Miller, Webb
- Journal of Molecular Biology, Vol. 215, Issue 3, p. 403-410
Characterization of diphtheria fusion proteins targeted to the human interleukin-3 receptor
journal, August 2000
- Frankel, Arthur E.; Ramage, Jason; Kiser, Melanie
- Protein Engineering, Design and Selection, Vol. 13, Issue 8, p. 575-581
A new technique for the assay of infectivity of human adenovirus 5 DNA
journal, April 1973
- Graham, F. L.; van der Eb, A. J.
- Virology, Vol. 52, Issue 2, p. 456-467
Amino acid substitution matrices from protein blocks.
journal, November 1992
- Henikoff, S.; Henikoff, J. G.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 89, Issue 22, p. 10915-10919
Applications and statistics for multiple high-scoring segments in molecular sequences.
journal, June 1993
- Karlin, S.; Altschul, S. F.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 90, Issue 12, p. 5873-5877
Continuous cultures of fused cells secreting antibody of predefined specificity
journal, August 1975
- Köhler, G.; Milstein, C.
- Nature, Vol. 256, Issue 5517, p. 495-497
By-passing immunization: Human antibodies from V-gene libraries displayed on phage
journal, December 1991
- Marks, James D.; Hoogenboom, Hennie R.; Bonnert, Timothy P.
- Journal of Molecular Biology, Vol. 222, Issue 3, p. 581-597
Improved tools for biological sequence comparison.
journal, April 1988
- Pearson, W. R.; Lipman, D. J.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 85, Issue 8, p. 2444-2448
Comparison of biosequences
journal, December 1981
- Smith, Temple F.; Waterman, Michael S.
- Advances in Applied Mathematics, Vol. 2, Issue 4, p. 482-489
From genes to protein structure and function: novel applications of computational approaches in the genomic era
journal, January 2000
- Skolnick, Jeffrey; Fetrow, Jacquelyn S.
- Trends in Biotechnology, Vol. 18, Issue 1, p. 34-39
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: