Nanostructured layers of thermoelectric materials
This disclosure provides systems, methods, and apparatus related to thermoelectric materials. In one aspect, a method includes providing a plurality of nanostructures. The plurality of nanostructures comprise a thermoelectric material, with each nanostructure of the plurality of nanostructures having first ligands disposed on a surface of the nanostructure. The plurality of nanostructures is mixed with a solution containing second ligands and a ligand exchange process occurs in which the first ligands disposed on the plurality of nanostructures are replaced with the second ligands. The plurality of nanostructures is deposited on a substrate to form a layer. The layer is thermally annealed.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- The Regents of the University of California (Oakland, CA) LBNL
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2016 Sep 01
- Research Org:
- Lawrence Berkeley National Lab. (LBNL), Berkeley, CA (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 36 MATERIALS SCIENCE; 77 NANOSCIENCE AND NANOTECHNOLOGY
Other works cited in this record:Thermoelectric materials, thermoelectric device, and method for producing thermoelectric materials
patent, July 2004
- Toshima, Naoki; Yan, Hu; Kamei, Kohsuke
- US Patent Document 6,759,587
Cooling, Heating, Generating Power, and Recovering Waste Heat with Thermoelectric Systems
journal, September 2008
- Bell, L. E.
- Science, Vol. 321, Issue 5895, p. 1457-1461
Effect of Interfacial Properties on Polymer-Nanocrystal Thermoelectric Transport
journal, January 2013
- Coates, Nelson E.; Yee, Shannon K.; McCulloch, Bryan
- Advanced Materials, Vol. 25, Issue 11, p. 1629-1633
Enhancement of Thermoelectric Efficiency in PbTe by Distortion of the Electronic Density of States
journal, July 2008
- Heremans, J. P.; Jovovic, V.; Toberer, E. S.
- Science, Vol. 321, Issue 5888, p. 554-557
PbSe Nanocrystal Solids for n- and p-Channel Thin Film Field-Effect Transistors
journal, October 2005
- Talapin, D. V.
- Science, Vol. 310, Issue 5745, p. 86-89
High thermoelectric performance by resonant dopant indium in nanostructured SnTe
journal, July 2013
- Zhang, Q.; Liao, B.; Lan, Y.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 110, Issue 33, p. 13261-13266
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: