Group IV nanocrystals with ion-exchangeable surface ligands and methods of making the same
Methods are described that include reacting a starting nanocrystal that includes a starting nanocrystal core and a covalently bound surface species to create an ion-exchangeable (IE) nanocrystal that includes a surface charge and a first ion-exchangeable (IE) surface ligand ionically bound to the surface charge, where the starting nanocrystal core includes a group IV element.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- Alliance for Sustainable Energy, LLC (Golden, CO) NREL
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2016 Dec 22
- Research Org:
- National Renewable Energy Lab. (NREL), Golden, CO (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 36 MATERIALS SCIENCE; 37 INORGANIC, ORGANIC, PHYSICAL, AND ANALYTICAL CHEMISTRY
Other works cited in this record:Ligand Exchange and the Stoichiometry of Metal Chalcogenide Nanocrystals: Spectroscopic Observation of Facile Metal-Carboxylate Displacement and Binding
journal, November 2013
- Anderson, Nicholas C.; Hendricks, Mark P.; Choi, Joshua J.
- Journal of the American Chemical Society, Vol. 135, Issue 49, p. 18536-18548
Silicon Nanocrystals and Silicon-Polymer Hybrids: Synthesis, Surface Engineering, and Applications
journal, November 2015
- Dasog, Mita; Kehrle, Julian; Rieger, Bernhard
- Angewandte Chemie International Edition, Vol. 55, Issue 7, p. 2322-2339
Toward a Mechanistic Understanding of Exciton-Mediated Hydrosilylation on Nanocrystalline Silicon
journal, December 2011
- Huck, Lawrence A.; Buriak, Jillian M.
- Journal of the American Chemical Society, Vol. 134, Issue 1, p. 489-497
Colloidal Synthesis of Infrared-Emitting Germanium Nanocrystals
journal, March 2009
- Lee, Doh C.; Pietryga, Jeffrey M.; Robel, Istvan
- Journal of the American Chemical Society, Vol. 131, Issue 10, p. 3436-3437
Plasma-Assisted Synthesis of Silicon Nanocrystal Inks
journal, September 2007
- Mangolini, L.; Kortshagen, U.
- Advanced Materials, Vol. 19, Issue 18, p. 2513-2519
Surface Chemistry Exchange of Alloyed Germanium Nanocrystals: A Pathway Toward Conductive Group IV Nanocrystal Films
journal, January 2013
- Ruddy, Daniel A.; Erslev, Peter T.; Habas, Susan E.
- The Journal of Physical Chemistry Letters, Vol. 4, Issue 3, p. 416-421
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: