Methods of hydrolyzing a cellulose using halophilic, thermostable and ionic liquids tolerant cellulases
The present invention provides for an isolated or recombinant polypeptide comprising an amino acid sequence having at least 70% identity with the amino acid sequence of a Halorhabdus utahensis cellulase, such as Hu-CBH1, wherein said amino acid sequence has a halophilic thermostable and/or thermophilic cellobiohydrolase (CBH) activity. In some embodiments, the polypeptide has a CBH activity that is resistant to up to about 20% of ionic liquids. The present invention also provides for compositions comprising and methods using the isolated or recombinant polypeptide.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- The Regents of the University of California (Oakland, CA); Sandia Corporation (Albuquerque, NM) LBNL
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2016 May 25
- Research Org:
- Lawrence Berkeley National Lab. (LBNL), Berkeley, CA (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 59 BASIC BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES
Other works cited in this record:Semi-rational approaches to engineering enzyme activity: combining the benefits of directed evolution and rational design
journal, August 2005
- Chica, Roberto A.; Doucet, Nicolas; Pelletier, Joelle N.
- Current Opinion in Biotechnology, Vol. 16, Issue 4, p. 378-384
Enhancement of cellulose saccharification kinetics using an ionic liquid pretreatment step
journal, January 2006
- Dadi, Anantharam P.; Varanasi, Sasidhar; Schall, Constance A.
- Biotechnology and Bioengineering, Vol. 95, Issue 5, p. 904-910
Molecular simulations provide new insights into the role of the accessory immunoglobulin-like domain of Cel9A
journal, July 2010
- Liu, Hanbin; Pereira, Jose Henrique; Adams, Paul D.
- FEBS Letters, Vol. 584, Issue 15, p. 3431-3435
Biocatalysis in ionic liquids – advantages beyond green technology
journal, August 2003
- Park, Seongsoon; Kazlauskas, Romas J.
- Current Opinion in Biotechnology, Vol. 14, Issue 4, p. 432-437
Structure of endoglucanase Cel9A from the thermoacidophilic Alicyclobacillus acidocaldarius
journal, July 2009
- Pereira, Jose Henrique; Sapra, Rajat; Volponi, Joanne V.
- Acta Crystallographica Section D Biological Crystallography, Vol. 65, Issue 8, p. 744-750
Developments in Directed Evolution for Improving Enzyme Functions
journal, August 2007
- Sen, S.; Venkata Dasu, V.; Mandal, B.
- Applied Biochemistry and Biotechnology, Vol. 143, Issue 3, p. 212-223
Ionic liquid pretreatment of cellulosic biomass: Enzymatic hydrolysis and ionic liquid recycle
journal, December 2010
- Shill, Kierston; Padmanabhan, Sasisanker; Xin, Qin
- Biotechnology and Bioengineering, Vol. 108, Issue 3, p. 511-520
Characterization of a metagenome-derived halotolerant cellulase
journal, October 2006
- Voget, S.; Steele, H. L.; Streit, W. R.
- Journal of Biotechnology, Vol. 126, Issue 1, p. 26-36
Effect of kosmotropicity of ionic liquids on the enzyme stability in aqueous solutions
journal, February 2006
- Zhao, Hua; Olubajo, Olarongbe; Song, Zhiyan
- Bioorganic Chemistry, Vol. 34, Issue 1, p. 15-25
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: