Producing alpha-olefins using polyketide synthases
The present invention provides for a polyketide synthase (PKS) capable of synthesizing an .alpha.-olefin, such as 1-hexene or butadiene. The present invention also provides for a host cell comprising the PKS and when cultured produces the .alpha.-olefin.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- The Regents of the University of California (Oakland, CA) LBNL
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2015 Sep 14
- Research Org:
- Lawrence Berkeley National Lab. (LBNL), Berkeley, CA (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 37 INORGANIC, ORGANIC, PHYSICAL, AND ANALYTICAL CHEMISTRY
Other works cited in this record:Engineering of modular polyketide synthases to produce novel polyketides
journal, August 1998
- Carreras, Christopher W.; Santi, Daniel V.
- Current Opinion in Biotechnology, Vol. 9, Issue 4, p. 403-411
Isolation of the biosynthetic gene cluster for tautomycetin, a linear polyketide T cell-specific immunomodulator from Streptomyces sp. CK4412
journal, October 2008
- Choi, Si-Sun; Kim, Eung-Soo
- Journal of Biotechnology, Vol. 136, S57
Carboxylation mechanism and stereochemistry of crotonyl-CoA carboxylase/reductase, a carboxylating enoyl-thioester reductase
journal, May 2009
- Erb, T. J.; Brecht, V.; Fuchs, G.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 106, Issue 22, p. 8871-8876
A phosphopantetheinylating polyketide synthase producing a linear polyene to initiate enediyne antitumor antibiotic biosynthesis
journal, January 2008
- Zhang, J.; Van Lanen, S. G.; Ju, J.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 105, Issue 5, p. 1460-1465
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: