Multiplane optical microscope
This disclosure provides systems, methods, and apparatus related to optical microscopy. In one aspect, an apparatus includes a sample holder, a first objective lens, a plurality of optical components, a second objective lens, and a mirror. The apparatus may directly image a cross-section of a sample oblique to or parallel to the optical axis of the first objective lens, without scanning.
- Issue Date:
- OSTI Identifier:
- The Regents of the University of California (Oakland, CA) LBNL
- Patent Number(s):
- Application Number:
- Contract Number:
- Resource Relation:
- Patent File Date: 2015 Jan 07
- Research Org:
- Lawrence Berkeley National Lab. (LBNL), Berkeley, CA (United States)
- Sponsoring Org:
- Country of Publication:
- United States
- 36 MATERIALS SCIENCE; 47 OTHER INSTRUMENTATION; 71 CLASSICAL AND QUANTUM MECHANICS, GENERAL PHYSICS
Other works cited in this record:Optical arrangement for oblique plane microscopy
patent, November 2013
- Dunsby, Christopher
- US Patent Document 8,582,203
High Resolution Dual-Objective Microscopy
patent-application, November 2014
- Zhuang, Xiaowei; Babcock, Hazen; Xu, Ke
- US Patent Application 14/364723; 20140333750
Aberration-free three-dimensional multiphoton imaging of neuronal activity at kHz rates
journal, February 2012
- Botcherby, E. J.; Smith, C. W.; Kohl, M. M.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 109, Issue 8, p. 2919-2924
Real-time slit scanning microscopy in the meridional plane
journal, January 2009
- Botcherby, Edward J.; Booth, Martin J.; Juškaitis, Rimas
- Optics Letters, Vol. 34, Issue 10, p. 1504-1506
Optically sectioned imaging by oblique plane microscopy
journal, January 2008
- Dunsby, C.
- Optics Express, Vol. 16, Issue 25, p. 20306-20316
Imaging in high-aperture optical systems
journal, January 1987
- Sheppard, C. J. R.; Matthews, H. J.
- Journal of the Optical Society of America A, Vol. 4, Issue 8, p. 1354-1360
Resolution of oblique-plane images in sectioning microscopy
journal, January 2011
- Smith, C. W.; Botcherby, E. J.; Wilson, T.
- Optics Express, Vol. 19, Issue 3, p. 2662-2669
Agitation-free multiphoton microscopy of oblique planes
journal, January 2011
- Smith, Christopher W.; Botcherby, Edward J.; Booth, Martin J.
- Optics Letters, Vol. 36, Issue 5, p. 663-665
Aberration-free optical refocusing in high numerical aperture microscopy
journal, January 2007
- Botcherby, Edward J.; Juskaitis, Rimas; Booth, Martin J.
- Optics Letters, Vol. 32, Issue 14, p. 2007-2009
An optical technique for remote focusing in microscopy
journal, February 2008
- Botcherby, E. J.; Juškaitis, R.; Booth, M. J.
- Optics Communications, Vol. 281, Issue 4, p. 880-887
Three-dimensional imaging and photostimulation by remote-focusing and holographic light patterning
journal, November 2011
- Anselmi, F.; Ventalon, C.; Begue, A.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 108, Issue 49, p. 19504-19509
Inclined selective plane illumination microscopy adaptor for conventional microscopes
journal, June 2012
- Cutrale, Francesco; Gratton, Enrico
- Microscopy Research and Technique, Vol. 75, Issue 11, p. 1461-1466
Vectorial point spread function and optical transfer function in oblique plane imaging
journal, January 2014
- Kim, Jeongmin; Li, Tongcang; Wang, Yuan
- Optics Express, Vol. 22, Issue 9, p. 11140-11151
Optical Sectioning Deep Inside Live Embryos by Selective Plane Illumination Microscopy
journal, August 2004
- Huisken, J.; Swoger, J.; Del Bene, F.
- Science, Vol. 305, Issue 5686, p. 1007-1009
Combined atomic force microscopy and side-view optical imaging for mechanical studies of cells
journal, April 2009
- Chaudhuri, Ovijit; Parekh, Sapun H.; Lam, Wilbur A.
- Nature Methods, Vol. 6, Issue 5, p. 383-387
High-speed 2D and 3D fluorescence microscopy of cardiac myocytes
journal, January 2011
- Kumar, Sunil; Wilding, Dean; Sikkel, Markus B.
- Optics Express, Vol. 19, Issue 15, p. 13839-13847
Axial Plane Optical Microscopy
journal, December 2014
- Li, Tongcang; Ota, Sadao; Kim, Jeongmin
- Scientific Reports, Vol. 4, Article No. 7253
New Angles on Neuronal Dendrites In Vivo
journal, December 2007
- Göbel, Werner; Helmchen, Fritjof
- Journal of Neurophysiology, Vol. 98, Issue 6, p. 3770-3779
Similar records in DOepatents and OSTI.GOV collections: